Write the answers to the following questions at the end of each chapter. Each answer will need to be at least 50 words in total length.
Reference: Russell, R. S., & Taylor, B. W. (2014). Operations and supply chain management (8th Ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Chapter 12: 12-1; 12-2; 12-3; 12-4
- Chapter 13: 13-1; 13-2; 13-3
- Chapter 14: 14-1; 14-2; 14-3
Format the paper consistent with APA standards.
- Include at least one references with one being from the class material.
- Papers that do not include APA formatted citations and references will not be accepted.
- 12-1 List some of the operations and functions in a company that are dependent on a forecast for product demand.
- 12-2 What is the difference between quantitative forecast methods and qualitative forecast methods?
- 12-3 Describe the difference between short- and long-range forecasts.
- 12-4 Discuss the role of forecasting in supply chain management.
- 13-1 Describe the difference between independent and dependent demand and give an example of each for a pizza restaurant such as Domino’s or Pizza Hut.
- 13-2 Distinguish between a fixed-order-quantity system and fixed-time-period system and give an example of each.
- 13-3 Discuss customer service level for an inventory system within the context of quality management.
- 14-1 What is the purpose of sales and operations planning? Describe the S&OP process.
- 14-2 List several alternatives for adjusting capacity. List several alternatives for managing demand.
- 14-3 Describe the output of aggregate planning. When is aggregate planning most useful?