Software Unit 2 One of the first tasks in the development of a software assurance guidelines
Software Unit 2
One of the first tasks in the development of a software assurance guidelines document is to determine how software assurance techniques can be applied to the applications being developed by the company. These applications are usually in 3 categories: desktop applications, Web applications, and mobile applications. In addition, some of the applications will probably use a database for the storage of information. To create this part of the software assurance guidelines document, it is necessary to understand the security risks applicable to these types of applications, and identify how the applications can be secured.
For this assignment, you will identify the types of applications that are being produced by the company, and perform an evaluation of security risks applicable to these applications. You will then identify the types of software assurance techniques to be used for security risk mitigation in each of the software applications.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the software assurance guidelines document title page with new date and project name.
- Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
- Complete the Software Assurance Techniques section.
- List and describe at least 3 software applications that are produced by the organization. The applications must include at least 1 desktop application and 1 Web application.
- One of the applications must use a database for data storage.
- Identify at least 2 areas of each application that are at security risk, and describe the possible threats and their implications to the organization and to the client (in this case, the government).
- For each security risk, identify at least 1 software assurance technique that can be applied to reduce the security threat.
- Based on the analysis that was performed in the previous step, prepare a set of software assurance guidelines that the organization can use for all of the applications that it creates.
- Guidelines should be categorized by the type of software application and if the application is using a database for data storage or not.
- Guidelines should identify the software assurance technique to be applied, and they should provide sufficient detail to allow the software development group to implement the technique.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.