Due Week 9 and worth 350 points
Use the Internet and/or Strayer Learning Resource Center to research a global manufacturing company of your choice. Review the current plans that your selected company has identified for capital investments in emerging markets. Hint: You can find useful information on a company’s capital investment plans from their website and press releases.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Suggest a methodology to supplement the traditional methods for evaluating the capital investments of your selected company in the emerging markets to reduce risk. Provide a rationale for your suggested methodology.
2. Assess one (1) way in which inflation could potentially impact planned capital investments in emerging markets and examine one (1) approach to perform an accurate evaluation of the investments. Suggest how this knowledge may impact management’s decisions.
3. Contrast the modifications you would make in evaluating the projects to increase internal capacity in North America with the modifications you would make in evaluating expansion projects in the global market. Suggest one (1) way that this information will impact the decisions made related to expansion.
4. Examine two (2) benefits of using sensitivity analysis in evaluating the projects for your selected company. Suggest how this approach can provide a competitive advantage for the company.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Plan and evaluate capital investments.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial accounting.
· Write clearly and concisely about managerial accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the.