Students, please view the "Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Term Paper: Website Migration Project
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points Tony’s Chips has recently been sold to a new independent company. The new company has hired you to manage a project that will move the old Website from an externally hosted solution to an internal one. The company’s leadership is very concerned about redundancy for their site, insisting that a back-up site be available as a failover in case the main site goes down. In addition, they want the site redesigned to allow customers to order products online.
As part of your job, you must complete a 10 page paper that follows this project through the system development life cycle (SDLC). This assignment will require you to do the following:
· Discuss what it will take to build a Web architecture, move an existing Website with minimal downtime, and provide a disaster recovery solution to ensure the site is always available.
o The Web architecture should describe and justify operating system choices (i.e., Linux, Apache, MYSQL, PHP, Windows, IIS, SQL, etc.).
· Evaluate alternatives to the company self-hosting the site.
· Build a Gantt chart using Microsoft Project or equivalent software, showing all tasks associated with implementing the Website.
· The chart should include a minimum of five (5) tasks, each with three (3) sub-tasks.
· Explain and justify the system architecture you have selected.
· Illustrate the system architecture using Visio or equivalent software.
· Create a use case that documents the event of a customer ordering a bag of chips from the new Website.
· The use case should include a graphical representation using Visio or equivalent software and a text description of the events.
· Discuss the support operations that the internally hosted Website will require after implementation.
· Explain how you will evaluate the performance of the new site and the success of your project.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Design high-level logical system characteristics (user interface design, design of data, and information requirements).
· Use contemporary CASE tools in process and data modeling.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and development.
· Write clearly and concisely about Systems Analysis and Development topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.