50_Advertising, Public Relations and the 2008 Beijing Olympics
Write a four to five (4-5) page report that answers the following:
- Analyze the reasons why the Chinese government hired a Western public relations firm to work on the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Determine the reasons why protesters and activists target events such as the Olympics.
- Determine if the opportunity to reach a global audience by advertising during the Olympics offset the potential for bad publicity.
- Assess how well of a job the companies identified in this case did in anticipating and responding to the protests.
The format of the report is to be as follows:
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, APA format.