Select a company with whose headquarters are located in the state in which you live. Use the Internet to research the company and any major initiatives they have planned during the next 5 years (do NOT select a company that is not planning at least 1 major initiative).
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Describe the company and the major initiative(s) they have planned for the next 5 years.
- Determine which elements of administrative law will be most relevant to the upcoming initiative(s) and what the impact of those laws will be.
- Discuss applicable sales, licensing, and e-Commence laws the company will need to take into consideration during their initiative(s).
- Makes recommendations for the company to minimize the threat of lawsuits relating to privacy protection, product liability, or intellectual property rights.
- Research and cite at least 4 peer-reviewed academic sources in addition to the textbook.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the legal environment of business, the sources of American law, and the basis of authority for government to regulate business.
- Define negligence and explain the various defenses to negligence.
- Differentiate between civil law and criminal law and describe the various classifications of crimes.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business law.
- Write clearly and concisely about business law using proper writing mechanics.