Write a 5–7 page paper (1000–1250 words) about your religious field research into an “unfamiliar” religious tradition.
You are to pick one (1) of the religions studied (with which you are not very familiar) and do one of these three (3) things:
- Attend a religious service, or
- Visit a religious education center and interview a member of that faith, or
- Attend a “virtual religious service” and complete additional research (for a list of services, see Appendix A)
The paper will address the following points:
- Discuss any misconceptions you had about the religion you researched.
- Analyze how your prior understanding about this religion was altered (if at all) through your encounter.
- Discuss whether you believe misconceptions about other people’s religion are common and explain why or why not.
- Recommend at least one (1) step that could be taken to minimize misconceptions people have about religions not their own.