You are a marketing manager interviewing for a new job at several different
firms simultaneously. You expect to be asked the same questions in each
interview dealing with what you think are some good new marketing opportunities
for each firm to pursue. You know that being well prepared for an interview
gives you a better chance of being offered the job, so you decided to study each
company where you are interviewing.
Pick any 3 firms to research. Based on Internet research on these companies,
write a 500–750-word research paper proposing at least 3 marketing opportunities
that you would strongly suggest that each firm pursue. In your arguments,
include the following:
- Describe your reasoning for identifying them as worthy of pursuing.
- Categorize each marketing opportunity as low-hanging fruit, home runs, or
singles, and discuss why (see definitions in course materials).
- Discuss the risk in pursuing each opportunity.
- Without actually trying to determine each project's ROE, which would you
most strongly recommend implementing, and why?
- Explain how the marketing opportunity would reflect upon the firm. Would it
have a positive or negative public relations effect on the firm? Would it result
in great financial improvements, or only a minor improvement?
- Identify and define a topic of appropriate scope and level of detail for the