Running head: BUS599 - MBA Integrative Project
BUS599 - MBA Integrative Project
Module 5 - Case
Case: System Feedback Loops, SLP: Time Normal
THE EXCELLENT CONSULTING GROUP
COMMUNICATION FROM ART:
Let's wrap up this project and put another feather in our caps.
So far, ABC Company and Whole Foods Market like what we've been doing. I have this last project which involves analyzing Whole Foods Market's feedback loops and organizational learning opportunities.
I want you to take a look at the feedback loops in Whole Foods Market.
Refer to the background readings on System Feedback Loops.
CASE 5 ASSIGNMENT:
Identify one Balancing Loop and one Reinforcing Loop. These feedback loops should be critical to Whole Foods Market's performance and success. So you should have a good idea of what these are from your previous analysis.
Explain each one of these loops - what are the causal factors and how do they affect each other. for the Reinforcing loop, you should look for an area where there is growth and for the Balancing loop, you need to look for goal behavior. Once you have identified and explained these critical feedback loops, you need to identify how Whole Foods Market has generated organizational learning, AND how they can go further and generate additional organizational learning. What do they need to do to improve their performance further?
Be sure to include references. Turn in the 5-6 page paper by the end of the module.
KEYS TO THE ASSIGNMENT:
This is what you need to do:
1. Determine the two critical feedback loops. Describe each Feedback Loop that you identify in your organization and explain why you selected them. Make sure you explain the Loop, the cause and effect process within the Loop. You could also include a Causal Loop Diagram. If you do, show the arrows and direction of effect (+ or -). Also, determine what the warrant is for your case.
2. Briefly discuss the theory of organizational learning so that you provide a summary of this information to the executives - establish this as common ground.
3. Identify the learning activities in each feedback loop that Whole Foods Market has already undertaken.
4. Then identify the opportunities for organizational learning in each Feedback Loop. Make a Case that these are learning opportunities. Logically show how the feedback process provides an opportunity for the organization to learn and improve its performance. Be precise. Depth and breadth in your discussion is always a good thing.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following seven (7) points:
• Precision - Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
• Breadth - Is the full breadth of the subject, i.e., the Keys to the Assignment, addressed?
• Depth - Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth and include the background readings and other background resources as references?
• Critical thinking - Is the subject thought about critically, i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
• Clarity - Is the writing clear and are the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the questions or are points conveyed through excessive use of quotations?
• Organization - Is the paper well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are headings included in all papers longer than two pages?
• Referencing (citations and references) - Does the paper include citations and quotation marks where appropriate? Are the references from the background readings and assignment present and properly cited? Are all the references listed in the bibliography present and referred to via citation?
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
• You may use a simple diagram to highlight important factors. However, do not use the diagram in lieu of valuable analysis (or to take up valuable writing space) - it should be in addition to your paper of 5-6 pages of analysis.
• Just because you have written the minimum five pages does not mean that you have adequately covered the topic. Err on the side of writing more rather than less.
• Choose the data you use carefully. Is it relevant and important?
• Include a cover page and reference page, in addition to the 5-6 pages of analysis described above.
• Include headings within the paper
• Cite AND reference all sources that you use in your work, including those that you do not quote but paraphrase. This means include citations and quotation marks for direct quotes of more than 5 words, and citations for that information which you have "borrowed" or paraphrased from other sources.
• Follow TUI Guidelines for well-written papers. (Click here if you are unsure of what those guidelines are).