Running head: VICTIMS OF HATE CRIMES AND RACIAL PREJUDICE
4 Page and 1 Paragraph
The challenge of terrorism against the United States has made the government create the Department of Homeland Security with the hope of leveraging federal, state, and local police agencies, intelligence agencies, and immigration agencies to cooperate in communicating findings and creating joint efforts to stop threats of terrorism or confront a terrorist attack.
The current threat of terrorism has made many legislatures in Congress think about the United States combining all the police agencies into one national police organization. The centralization of power would stop the discombobulated nature of the 3 government levels of police and provide a clear, overall standard on how to police not only terrorism acts but crime in general.
Please answer the following questions.
- Do you believe that the establishment of terrorism as a crime that can be committed domestically has changed policing? How? Why? Provide examples.
- Have the number of victims of racial profiling increased over the last decade?
- What laws and services are available for victims of racial profiling?
- What other actions might be taken on behalf of victims of racial profiling?
- Be sure to cite all references in APA format.