Queries and Optimization
Your supervisors and customers are very impressed with the database you have put together. However, there is still that questioning executive that wants validation the database is useful; after all, he is saying that we have put a lot of data in, but does not see information out. To this end, you will be designing reports / queries that will be of use to the restaurant executives and other managers of the company. Write a 2-3 page paper in which you:
- Describe a minimum of three (3) heuristics to optimize Queries.
- Provide the SQL code (and screen shots) based on the following criteria:
- You must deliver five (5) queries in total for this assignment.
- One of your five queries must select from three (3) different tables.
- Four of your queries must select from two (2) tables.
- Include comments on how you are using the optimization rules you described and discussed earlier.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how data is physically stored and accessed.
- Prepare database design documents using the data definition, data manipulation, and data control language components of the SQL language.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions