Resources: "Using the New COSO Risk-Management Guidance" article and the Riordan Virtual Organization located on the student website, and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) website at www.coso.org.
Read the article "Using the New COSO Risk-Management Guidance".
Read The Executive Summary of the article Enterprise Risk
Management — Integrated Framework at the COSO website:
· On the home page, click the Guidance tab.
· Select the Enterprise Risk Management link.
· Click MORE.
· Select the Download (English) the free executive summary link.
Research additional information in the Guidance and Resources sections at the COSO website.
View the Riordan virtual organization.
Create a corporate compliance plan consisting of no more than 2,450 words for Riordan. Focus your plan on managing the legal liability of officers and directors of Riordan. The plan must also address how to handle situations when laws are violated or in question (such as when to call in legal counsel, what rights the employees have, or who to turn to when actions are taken against Riordan). Your plan must also include the following:
· Enterprise liability
· Real and intellectual property
· Governance principles of regulatory compliance requirements
· The specific international laws or aspects of the law that must be adhered to by Riordan and an outline of these steps for employees to adhere to these laws
Format your Corporate Compliance Plan as a presentation to the officers and directors of Riordan. Outline the prevention and management guidelines of the legal aspects listed above. Implement enterprise risk management based on the COSO’s 8 interrelated components. COSO can be used to structure your plan. Be sure to incorporate key concepts from your readings where appropriate. You need to research requirements at the COSO website.