Assignment 2: Recipe for Success!
Every individual approaches life and situations differently. We all use communication as a means to express ourselves. However, communication is as much about listening as it is about talking. Communication is a mutual exchange.
Everyone has had a disagreement with someone in which the other person may respond with “You aren’t listening to me!” or “You don’t understand me!” The fact is, you are not validating the other person or are perceived as someone who is not providing validation. Validation can defuse a potentially explosive scenario.
Consider your personal experiences and communication skills.
- What are the skills you use to communicate and how do they impact your interactions with others?
- How do you plan to manage conflict communication?
- Do you set a goal for the outcome you are seeking to achieve?
- Do you consider your audience?
- What point of view do you try to convey?
- What is your message or argument in communication?
Have you ever applied the principles above? Have they worked for you? If not, what has worked for you?