Prepare a 2,100- to 2,450-word paper on the development of your personal values, ground rules, and ethics. Focus on the developmental aspect rather than on a particular position on any issue.
- · Define your values, the sources that helped shape your values—such as people, institutions and events—and the criteria and decision-making factors you use today to revise them as necessary.
- · Discuss the implications of your values for your work as a human service professional.
- · Discuss a specific ethical dilemma, in relation to the ethical standards of human service professionals, in which you would experience little difficulty due to a concordance between ethical practice and your personal belief system.
- · Address a specific ethical dilemma, in relation to the ethical standards of human service professionals, in which you either anticipate difficulty or have experienced difficulty in ethical practice due to a conflict or discordance between ethical practice and your personal values.
- · Briefly discuss each of the ethical standards and the following general principles:
- o The use of psychological tests in the courtroom
- o The lie detector
- o Boundaries of competence
- o Integrity
- o Sexual harassment
- o Human differences
- o The legal definition of insanity
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.