10_SOC 315 WEEK 3 Week Three Media Reaction - AP Government Immigration 2011
Resource: CompletedMulticultural Matrix and Analysis Worksheet.
Write a 1,050- word reaction to a media piece focusing on a current political issue relating to immigration. Possible media pieces include an article, a video or audio clip, a television show, a book, a documentary, or a movie.
Research the issue of your media piece.
Address the following:
- What is the historical framework of this issue?
- What is the political context of this issue?
- What message does the media piece attempt to portray? Was the media coverage biased or unbiased? Was the issue sensationalized or portrayed objectively?
- How might the media coverage affect the public’s perception of this issue? Does it encourage or discourage prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping?
- How might this issue affect the U.S. economy and labor force?
- If you were a manager affected by this issue and its media coverage, what inclusion strategies from this week’s reading might you implement to moderate the media’s effect on your employees and to promote inclusion in the workplace?
Include at least two academic references in your research.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.