HRM and Culture
Read “Strategic Human Resource MGT International HRM Supplement” that is listed in the Required Materials for this course. On the last page, a mini case describes the plight of one Korean woman who tried to make a difference in her company. Review this case along with the rest of the supplement and consider how to make a difference in this company. Be sure to state how it aligns with the HRM strategy.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
1. Determine if and how the HRM practices align with the company’s business strategy.
2. Discuss how hiring more women and promoting them could improve the competitive advantage of this company.
3. Prepare a recruitment and retention plan for this company that specifically targets women employees.
4. List three (3) potential obstacles that this company could face in its quest to diversify its workforce in this particular culture.
5. Recommend two HRM strategies that this company could enforce to improve the visibility of its women employees.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
You must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
•&νβσπ;Evaluate human resource strategies and how these strategies align with business strategies.
•&νβσπ;Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
•&νβσπ;Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain the most efficient and effective workforce.
•&νβσπ;Design processes to manage employee performance, retention and separation.
•&νβσπ;Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
•&νβσπ;Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.