Your task is to design the network for this new building with the following criteria:
Student-accessed computers should be on separate network from the staff-accessed computers. There should be at least 3 separate networks: Administrative, Instructional, and Public. All staff-accessed computers will be on the Administrative network. The computers in the instructional computer labs and classrooms that will be used for classes should be on the Instructional network. The wi·
The whole building will share one Internet access connection (T-1 link from Verizon). This connection will come into the Server Room on the first floor. The Public IP address for the router here is 22.214.171.124
Security is very important for UMUC as we have to protect students and employees data as well as any intellectual property that UMUC has on the servers and computers.·
The network has been assigned the 10.15.0.0 network address for all computers and devices.·
The network should use physical cable (not wireless), but do provide wireless access in the Student Lobby area.·
Submission should include (in no more than three pages, excluding diagrams and references):
1. Define the subnet (based on: rooms, floor, department, or other criteria).
2. For each subnet, explain which devices/groups/users/rooms will be on this subnet, define the network address, subnet mask, and available IP addresses to be used by computers or devices.
Physical Network Design:
1. Define the topology that will be used.
2. Select the appropriate network media to use.
3. Select the appropriate network connecting devices to use.
4. Physical layout of the computers on the floor plan.
5. List of additional servers or network devices needed to implement the network.
6. Justifications for your network design (number 1 – 5 above)
You will be evaluated on your ability to
o Implement appropriate IP addressing scheme
o Select and justify appropriate cable media that includes the length of each cable segment and number of nodes on each segment
o Select and justify appropriate topology such as star, bus, or ring for your network
o Select and justify of your selected network equipments
o Select and justify appropriate network services to meet network requirements
o Select and justify security implementation for the network
o Use proper grammar, formatting, network terminology, and reference citations
Feel free to use any drawings or attachments, and assume any number of computers or users (not when provided here). You will be graded on the basis of right media, topology and knowledge of network concepts.