Department of Homeland Security 1
Refer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Revise the previous assignment based on your professor’s feedback.
- Analyze at least three (3) of the agency’s policies, procedures, and / or plans regarding unions. (Title this section The Agency and Unions)
- Analyze at least three (3) of the agency’s policies, procedures, and / or plans regarding privatization. (Title this section The Agency and Privatization)
- Analyze at least three (3) of the agency’s policies, procedures, and / or plans regarding pensions. (Title this section Employee Pension Plans)
- Assess the agency’s approach to productivity and performance evaluation. (Title this section Productivity and Performance Evaluation)
- Recommend at least three (3) actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of productivity and performance evaluation. (Title this section Recommendations for Improving Productivity and Performance Evaluation)
- Provide at least four (4) relevant and credible outside sources that support the content of this assignment. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the major components of the personnel management system, procedures, and processes in the public sector.
- Recommend improvements to processes involved in public personnel management and / or solutions to problems confronting those in the field.
- Assess external organizational and employee conditions as well as their implications to and impact on personnel management.
- Analyze pertinent issues, such as motivation and productivity, collective bargaining, labor relations, equal employment opportunity (EEO), affirmative action (AA), intergovernmental relations, and / or professionalism, facing public personnel managers.
- Evaluate current and emerging issues and trends in public personnel management, such as evaluation, public sector recruitment, staffing employment development compensation, benefits, pensions, strategic planning, and / or succession planning.
- Analyze pertinent public personnel management issues related to the federal government and / or privatization.
- Develop a proposal for strategic public personnel management for a specific setting.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public personnel management.
- Write clearly and concisely about public personnel management using proper writing mechanics.