Work Breakdown Schedules, Uncertainty, and Dependency Relationships
Assignment 3: Work Breakdown Schedules, Uncertainty, and Dependency Relationships.
Write a develop a three to five (3–5) page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe the elements of the project plan that depend on the WBS, and provide examples of any four (4).
- Discuss the potential risks and circumstances under which it might be appropriate to use a WBS from a previous project rather than develop a new one.
- Explain why it is useful to have a complete WBS before engaging in formal uncertainty assessment.
- Explain the difference between hard logic and soft logic for establishing dependency relationships in project schedules and offer a creative example (not from the text) for each one.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three to five (3–5) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Note: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills.
The assignment will be graded using the following rubric:
- Analyze the process of creating and using the work breakdown structure.
- Assess and prepare for project uncertainties.
- Analyze the steps involved in project scheduling.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing project teams.