The Reasons Underlying Failed States (Libya)
Use the Internet to research one developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination of the effects that issues such as bad governance, civil war and corruption have on the creation of states that have failed. Include in your research the articles from the discussion questions as well as the material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 1 through 8.
Write a six- to eight-page paper in which you:
- Identify the factors that contribute to a state’s failure to deliver good governance to its people. Support your response with concrete examples of each of the results that you have cited.
- Analyze why the specific actions taken by the leadership of the selected country have failed.
- Discuss the prospects for success in the selected country and support your response with examples.
- Use at least seven quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, dictionaries, encyclopedias, blogs and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources for college-level research papers. Approval of resources is at the instructor's discretion.
- When referencing the selected resources, please use the following format:
- Webtext Format:
- Name of the author. Name of title. Retrieved from website URL.
- Lecture Format:
- Name of the Author. Name of the lecture [lecture type]. Retrieved from lecture URL.
- Example: Strayer University. (2013). Understanding Development[PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from (URL Web address).
- Author's Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Retrieved from website URL.
- Example: Wuestewald, Eric. (2014). Portraits of People Living on a Dollar a Day. Retrieved from (URL Web address).
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- CONTAINS NO ABSTRACT and be at least six pages of written text in length, excluding tables and graphs and at least seven sources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow the APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze how funding in the form of aid, investment, and loans moves from industrialized nations to the developing world to alleviate the problems caused by warfare.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology of developing countries.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology of developing countries using proper writing mechanics.
These are the only countries you may write about.
Central African Republic
- The grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, the logic and organization of the paper, and your language and writing skills. You are strongly advised to work from an outline.