Research Paper Instructions
For this assignment, you will prepare a concise research paper on a topic or question of interest to you related to any aspect of operations or supply chain management. Use the prescribed textbook’s table of contents to get ideas for topical areas that might interest you to pursue further research.
Important - After selecting a topic of interest, coordinate your topical selection with your Instructor before proceeding with the paper. Use the Digital Drop Box to notify your Instructor of your chosen topic and to obtain concurrence. This needs to be accomplished by the end of the second week of this course to allow sufficient time to gather authoritative resources and to write the research paper.
You must provide documented objective evidence (i.e., evidential support) from the published literature to augment and support your research paper. Your double-spaced document should be at least ten (10) pages, but not to exceed fifteen (15) pages of content (not counting any title page, abstract page, table of contents, or your list of resources at the end of the document).
You should provide a minimum of eight (8) authoritative resources from the published literature. Obviously, you can cite and reference the prescribed textbook: Operations Management: Processes and Supply Chains as one of your required resources.
Prepare your research paper using APA format for your in-text parenthetical citations and your References list of sources at the end of your document. There are many online resources to help you with correct formatting, so please ensure that your parenthetical citations and list of sources are properly formatted.
Note: APA is the only acceptable formal writing format. Do NOT submit MLA, Chicago, or Turabian writing styles as they are unacceptable.
Your research paper should consist of:
- An abstract or an executive summary of the materials to be presented in the document
- A transitional introductory section
- A literature review of the available published literature on your chosen topic (from your scholastic research on the topic)
- An analysis or discussion section – here you may provide personal perspectives and experiential learning from the workplace, as appropriate, in addition to materials from your chosen resources
- A conclusion section including any future prospects, areas for further research, or probable evolution of your chosen topic
- A complete list of all resources used in the research paper (APA calls this “References”).
Your chosen research topic and your list of proposed references needto be submitted by Sunday, at 11:59 PM ET of Week 2. Use the Digital Drop Box to upload your topic and proposed list of references (also known in research as an annotated bibliography). This part of the assignment should be no longer than two (2) pages.
There is no grade or point value, but you must complete this research topic/annotated references step prior to completing your formal research paper.
Your completed research paper is due by Sunday, at 11:59 PM ET of Week 7. Upload it in Week 7 using the Digital Drop Box provided.