Assignment 3: Leadership and Ethics
Due Week 9 and worth 220 points
In this assignment, you will build upon the two (2) challenges that you had identified in Assignment 2, Question 4.
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on public agencies or non-profit organizations for which your proposed challenges may not be considered actual challenges.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Propose two (2) ethical concerns that management may need to address. Create the context in which such concerns may or may not be ethical in nature. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the overall manner in which organizational structure impacts organizational ethics. Select one (1) public agency or one (1) non-profit organization in which your challenges may not be considered actual challenges. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use the Inventory of Public Management Skills Management, located on pages 11 to 12 of the textbook, to construct a self-evaluation. Assess your level of development in each of the skills. Propose two (2) to three (3) activities that would help you to improve the skills in question.
- Use the results of your self-evaluation and recommendations from Question 3 to formulate a response to the challenges that you have presented that creates a win-win situation for the organization, the employees, and the public. Predict two (2) potential obstacles to success and two (2) plans to overcome such obstacles.
- Include at least four (4) academic references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook and no more than one (1) governmental Website. Note: Appropriate academic resources include academic and governmental Websites, scholarly texts, and peer-reviewed articles. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than ".gov" do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.