Technology and Social Change
Write an 1,050- to 1,400-word essay on technology and social change, covering the following:
- Provide an introduction that defines both technology and social change and discusses how they are related.
- Discuss the impact of the personal computer, cellular phones, and the internet on society.
- Using the three major sociological perspectives, describe the equilibrium model, the digital divide and cultural lag in relation to these technologies and social change.
- Include how technology has influenced social epidemiology, health and the environment.
- Explore a recent or emerging form of technology and discuss its potential benefits or consequences for society.
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes key points.
Cite at least three academic, peer-reviewed sources and two popular magazines.
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.