Discuss the three pillars of the sustainable business and contrast these with “conventional” paradigms. Be sure to include the concept of economic growth vs. development. Also include a discussion of the impact on the biosphere.
· Within the above context, compare and contrast a company of your choice that embodies the tenets of the sustainable business along with one that embodies that of the traditional model.
· Within the above discussion elaborate on how each affects business strategy and management:
· The business model/economic paradigm
· CSR/corporate culture/values
· Obligation to environmental stewardship
· Life cycle management
· Supply chain practices (where do they source their inputs, etc.)
· The relation between the business practices of each company and consumer behaviors
· The ethics of each company’s marketing activities
· Accounting, finance, HR, and Operations Management
· What potential ethical issues can you identify with regard to these companies? How would you prioritize them? Explain your reasoning. How would you approach resolving these ethical problems?