Play Money Paper (1–2 pages)
Pretend that you have $10,000 to invest for four weeks. You are to "invest" this money in stocks or mutual funds and to track your investments on a weekly basis for four weeks (see schedule for due date). Pick five different stocks or funds to follow.
Write a report on
1. why you selected the investments you did
2. whether any noteworthy company results, news events, or economic events impacted your investments during this period (show your gains or losses for the period)
3. how your investments' performance compared with the performance of the S&P 500 index during this period
4. your tracking of the following three stock market indexes:
· Dow Jones Industrial Average
· S&P 500 stock index
· Russell 2000 index for small caps
The play money paper is worth 10 percent of your final grade.
Written Paper Rubric