Established in 1977, Krona Community Hospital is a 60-bed, acute care hospital located in the heart of Banconota County. With a staff of nearly 100 physicians and specialists, 400 employees, and 75 volunteers, they offer a full range of health care services. They are accredited by The Joint Commission.
Nouveau Health, a private, not-for-profit health care chain, took over the management of Krona Hospital. Last year, state officials began to discuss Nouveau’s proposal to build a new, replacement hospital in Banconota County. The new facility would have 74 acute care beds, four observation rooms, four surgical operating rooms, one c-section room, a 24-hour emergency department, a maternity center, an intensive care unit, and extensive support services, including physical therapy and cardiac rehabilitation. All patient rooms would be private.
You are a staff member in the finance department at Nouveau Health, whose sole responsibility is to advance the success of the organization through assisting in planning, forecasting, and finance management.
Your Key Assignment Draft is designed to help you prepare for the presentation in Phase 5. The chief executive officer (CEO) of Krona has asked that you complete the following:
- Prepare next year’s financial plan and operational budget.
- Note: Keep in mind that the budget you created for your Phase 2 Individual Project did not take into account the growth of the new facility. The CEO has asked that you expand that budget and provide a finalized budget that will take into account the new services offered. The CEO has stated that there is $3 million that you can incorporate into the budget for additional staffing, services, maintenance, and so forth.
- Make sure the budget reflects the following:
- Increase in revenue reimbursement
- Allocation for the proposed improvements
- Increase in salaries
Be sure to discuss the following areas:
- Funding sources
- Your methodology in revenue forecasting
- How the new services will impact revenue
- Fixed and variable costs
- Project inpatient and outpatient visits based on current trends
Key Assignment Instructions
Create a PowerPoint presentation of 7–10 slides (with speaker notes of 200–250 words for each slide, excluding the title and reference slides) that will be presented to the general meeting of directors.
Assignment 2 -
1500 Words Due August 6, 2016!!! 5 sources :)
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Key Assignment Final Draft
The Key Assignment for this course will involve creating polices for the various laws that are covered in the employee handbook. The purpose of the handbook is to equip managers with the information they need to lead their teams. For this assignment, you will create a paper of 1000-1500 words. You should also research and utilize 4 academic sources in your assignment.
Include the information below in your assignment. When discussing each act, provide an example of how it might be violated by an employer or employee and the approach that can be used (such as EEOC, diversity, grievances, counseling, documentation, or termination) to address the violation.
- A policy for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- A policy for the Age Discrimination in Employment act (ADEA)
- A policy for dealing with different types of harassment.
- A policy for the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- A policy for the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- A policy for the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- A policy for the Equal Pay Act (EPA)
Finalize your project by reviewing the feedback that you received from your instructor and your peers. Then, prepare a PowerPoint training presentation for employees to review the new policies (6-8 slides). At the end of the presentation, include 2 slides addressing:
- For the employee handbook, create a policy for employee use of technology because new sources of social media and more advanced electronic devices are regularly being introduced to the market. Address topics such as: refraining from workplace commentary on social media, maintaining a professional image, what can be shared and what not to share on social media, harassment, privacy, and IT security.