Department of Homeland Security
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Explain how the DHS has changed from its inception in 2001 to what it has become today.
- Describe how the relationships between the DHS and other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have transformed over the years.
- Analyze the current structure of the DHS and other agencies protecting the United States from internal and external threats. Suggest three (3) changes to the current structure of the DHS and justify your suggestions.
- Describe the top three (3) characteristics of homeland security that the United States needs to address in the immediate future and why.
- Discuss the existing roadblocks that are preventing the DHS from addressing these top concerns.
- Predict the role cyber terrorism could play in future attacks against the United States and its allies. Describe what you consider to be the largest cyber threat(s) to the nation.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.