CIS 555 Assignment 3 Patient Monitoring System
Consider a simple patient monitoring system in which the software controller generates alarm signals when the patient’s temperature or blood pressure falls outside safe ranges. The alarm signals and safe ranges are different for temperature and blood pressure.
You may use the following Website as a resource for short Z-specification examples:
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Determine five (5) of the controller’s monitored and controlled variables. Describe each variable and explain how it is used in the system.
- Propose five (5) mode classes and five (5) terms that may be helpful in monitoring this system.
- Propose three (3) Software Cost Reduction (SRC) tables for this system. There must be one (1) mode transition table, one (1) event table, and one (1) condition table.
- Create one (1) short Z-specification for this system using Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop systematic modeling techniques that satisfy functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in requirements engineering.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Requirements Engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.