Assignment 1: Microsoft Office
Due Week 3 and worth 60 points
Note: Students may submit Assignment 1: Microsoft Office up to the end of Week 3. This extension is designed to allow for any issues students may have downloading, installing, and / or accessing Microsoft Office during the first three (3) weeks of class.
Note: The accepted Microsoft Office versions for this assignment are Microsoft Office 2013 (for PC) and Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 (for Macintosh). Note: If you are using a computer that does NOT have the Microsoft Office Suite installed, complete Assignment 1A. If you are using a computer that already has the Microsoft Office Suite preinstalled, complete Assignment 1B. Do NOT complete both.
· Submit all files and written responses at the same time as one (1) complete submission.
· Screenshot File Submission: You must submit the screenshot file(s) using the provided Assignment Submission Attach File function located in the Blackboard online course shell. To access Assignment Submission Attach File function, you must select the Assignment submission link located in Week 3 of the online course shell. Note: If you need a tutorial on taking a screen shot, visit one of the following locations: (PC users: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/) (MAC users: http://binged.it/1xriOcN)
· Written Submission: You must submit written responses in the provided assignment submission text box located in the Blackboard online course shell. To access the assignment submission text box, you must select the Assignment submission link located in Week 3 of the online course shell.
Assignment 1B: (For students that already have the Microsoft Office Suite preinstalled)
Write a short paragraph in which you:
1. Label your response as Assignment 1B.
2. Locate where the software is installed and list the applications that are included in the installed Microsoft Office Suite. In addition to listing the components, describe any issues or concerns you may have about preinstalled software.
3. Predict the Microsoft Office component and / or feature that you believe will be the least difficult for you to learn and explain why.
4. Predict the Microsoft Office component and / or feature that you believe will be the most difficult for you to learn and explain why.
5. Start an instance of Microsoft Word. Take a screenshot of Microsoft Word which should be visible on the desktop of your computer. Save the screenshot using an image file format (e.g., .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .bmp). Name the screenshot file using your full name (e.g., JohnDoe.png).
6. Submit the screenshot and written response according to the submission instructions.