Assignment 1: Error Handling in an Activity Diagram
Due Week 2 and worth 150 points
Refer to the activity diagram Figure 2-15 on page 59 of the textbook. The diagram omits several error-handling pathways.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Using Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia, update the diagram to include two (2) error-handling pathways. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included within the required page length.
- Produce a narrative which describes the added error-handling pathways that includes:
- an overview of the errors being checked
- an explanation of the main reasons why checking for such errors is important
- an overview of other possible errors
- Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze techniques for requirements determination, collection, and organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in systems analysis and design.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced systems analysis and design topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.