Assume that you are an HR manager in a MNE, and you have been tasked with designing HR policy that would apply to the various locations external to the United States. You must define the differences between domestic and international HRM, examine key factors that drive standardization, and define the impact on culture and the institutional environment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast two (2) main differences between domestic and international HRM.
- Examine two (2) of the factors that drive standardization of HRM practices. Determine whether or not it is advantageous for an MNE to adopt a worldwide corporate culture for each of its subsidiaries.
- Examine the role of the subsidiary. Compare and contrast global innovators, the integrated player, implementers, and local innovators as subsidiaries. Determine the best role for a company that is just beginning to expand internationally. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze two (2) of the factors that drive the localization of HRM practices for an MNE. Determine two (2) advantages of the localization of HRM practices.
- Determine the impact of the culture and institutional context (environment) on:
- recruitment and selection
- training and development
- task distribution
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the nature of globalization, cultures, and labor markets, and assess the impact on human resource management (HRM).
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global HRM.
- Write clearly and concisely about global HRM using proper writing mechanics.