W8 Discussion The Changing Role of Managers
Before writing, think about some of the key attributing variables that are causing managers roles to change? Could the factors of change be related to: new technology, new workers in the work force, or team environments and remote teams? Think about what management framework you would use to keep pace of the changing roles of managers.
Here's a model to help you think through this:
Management framework includes the following key components: core values (usually 3 to 4 values) and Basic principles (usually 3 to 4 principles).
A Framework Example includes:
- Core values: continuous improvement, continuous learning (add a few more)
- Basic principles: take the initiative, lead by example (add a few more)
Now, in your discussion question address the following questions:
- What are some of the key attributing variables that are causing a managers role to change?
- Could the factors of change be related to: New technology, new workers in the work force, Team environment and remote teams?
- What management framework would you use to keep pace of the changing role? Please be sure to explain why.