1. Briefly explain the role of information systems in an organization.
2. Why is MIS one of the most important courses for a business student?
3. List and briefly explain the five-component model of an information system. How can you use them?
4. Briefly describe your role as an employee of an organization in the IS field. Give examples of what you need to know about information systems and how it can help with your job performance.
5. Explain Porter's five forces model. What are the four competitive strategies firms can choose from according to Porter's model?
6. Discuss the importance and explain the use of business process modeling notation (BPMN).
Your response should be at least 225 words in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.