This e-portfolio assessment is designed to be used as both a learning tool and as a professional portfolio that you can include in your resume or applications for jobs. You should begin working it around Week 3, even though it is only due Week 8.
Click here for directions how to create an E-portfolio/Google Site.
The course outcomes for HRMN 302 are:
1. apply appropriate communication media and methods according to the situational need in organizational settings
2. apply communication theories to organizational communication challenges
3. recognize and respond constructively to cultural differences in communication
4. analyze and assess the communication dynamics of an organization to conduct a communication audit
First, create your e-Portfolio. Creating an e-portfolio is easy. We recommend you use Google Sites. Go to:
Include an introduction page, one page for each of the three outcomes, and a citations page. You will have a minimum of 5 pages. On each outcome page:
- Provide the course outcome
- Explain in your own words and 1-2 paragraphshow each outcome relates to what you have learned in class
- Post one artifact for each outcome (video, paper, chart, or any type of file you wish to use) that you have createdand that demonstrates your mastery of each outcome
- Explain, in detailed sentences and approx. 2-3 paragraphs, how each artifact relates to the course outcome.
Here is an example of a partially completed portfolio: