Devryu HSM 330 Midterm Exam 2017 Version
- Data compiled from individual patient data fields and formed into information about certain groups of patients is as example of
- Which of the following is a gap in a physician office EHR environment where a document imaging system can be of value
- EDMS is likely to eliminate which HIM department function
- The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act of 2000, also known as the E-SIGN bill, furthered what aspect of the EHR adoption process
- A key strategy to gain user involvement in an EHR is
- What is the primary difference between a closed and an open system?
- Which of the following is a characteristic of a program (in comparison to a project)?
- What are the major benefits and potential barriers to achieving benefits in an EHR? What steps are important to overcome barriers
- Not every vendor that supports HIS has developed a repository structure that is sufficiently robust to integrate both discrete data and images. What alternatives do hospitals have in this situation? Please Explain
- What is the definition of an electronic signature according to the E-SIGN Act, when was it approved, and how many states have accepted this standard
- As discussed in the literature - what has the IOM been known for as it relates to the EHR in healthcare? Describe three of their contributions