Assignment 5: MS Project Scheduling and Salvaging a Project
Due Week 10 and worth 280 points
Go to iCampus to download a free version of Microsoft Project needed to complete this assignment. Details on how to download the software are available in the online course shell in the Additional Resources section of the Student Center.
Make the needed corrections to Assignment 1 using instructor feedback and initialize a new project in Microsoft Project to complete the following:
- Create a work breakdown structure in MS Project using the existing information from Assignment 1. Note: This assignment will require you to submit a zipped file. Please see below for details on how to zip a file.
Imagine your human resource project of revamping the employee compensation and benefits package is starting to develop issues. The project is eight (8) weeks off track and your team members are becoming discouraged. Several members of the team are consistently late with deadlines, and you have discovered that your budget depleted quicker than expected. Your project sponsor is looking for you to salvage this project.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Write a memo that communicates the budget situation to the rest of the team.
- Suggest three (3) ways to improve an underperforming team member.
- Organize a plan of action to get the project back on track. Develop a new critical path.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
To zip a file please follow these directions below. Note: Directions may vary depending on the operating system.
- Select the files to zip.
- Right-click on the highlighted files and choose “Send to: Compressed folder”.
- Select the files to zip.
- Right-click on the highlighted files and choose “Compress”.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the scope of projects and the structure of the accompanying work.
- Recommend project management quality tools.
- Determine the characteristics of a successful project plan.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing human resource projects.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing human resource projects using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.