Select one of these cases and thoroughly assess the problems or issues that were identified in the case as well as the solutions or conclusions that were made regarding the case.
Next, identify and describe a related health information systems topic that encompasses a health care information systems issue; choose one that you feel would be a gap (a breach) or parity (a value) in or to the case. The topic should align with the selected case, for example: systems data collection or patient privacy/breach of patient privacy. Then, write a thesis statement and introductory paragraph explaining the issue to which you plan to propose a solution; include the topic you chose, its relation to the selected case, and the specific gap or parity you identified. Your thesis statement and introductory paragraph should be 300 to 600 words (one to three pages) in length and must provide a rationale for why you chose this health information systems topic. You must utilize at least two scholarly sources, including a minimum of one scholarly source from the Ashford University Library. Additionally, you must answer the following questions:
- If you were in charge of addressing the issue within your selected case, what would your leadership role entail with regard to the proposed project?
- Why is this topic important to health information systems quality?
- What is the issue or quality identified? What improvements are needed? What features are identified?
- How does this impact patient care?
- How does it impact management and staff (the organization as a whole)?
- What are the current conclusions drawn from the case?
- Must be one to three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use two to three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.