1. Why do corporations employ investment bankers?
2. Identify the primary market functions of investment bankers.
3. Discuss how investment bankers assume risk in the process of marketing securities of corporations. How do investment bankers try to minimize these risks?
4. Briefly describe the process of competitve bidding and discuss its relative advantages and disadvantages.
5. Explain market stabilization.
6. Identify the costs associated with going public.
7. Briefly describe how investment banking is regulated.
8. Describe the inroads into investment banking being made by commerical banks.
9. In 2003, several investment banking firms were fined $1.4 billion for ethics abuses related to the underwriting process. Will this be a deterrent for ethical lapses?
10. What were some of the reasons for the decline in Facebook's stock price after its IPO?