Write a paper to investigate a problem in an organization that is causing process inefficiency. Identify an area where a Management information system can help create greater efficiency. You may draw upon experiences where you work, personal experiences as a customer interacting with a management information systems, or examples from the literature. Examples of problems that can create inefficiencies might include but are not limited to how an organization tracks sales internally, how inventory is tracked and shipped to customers, or how field tech scheduling is performed.
Include the following considerations:
- Define the purpose of a Management Information System (MIS)
- Describe the organizational problem either caused by an inefficient MIS or requiring a MIS solution.
- Describe the impact of the organizational inefficiency.
- Provide reasons why the organizational inefficiency exists.
- Assess why a MIS solution may meet resistance.
- Compare and contrast at least two management information systems that can provide potential solutions to the organizational inefficiency
- Recommend an appropriate course of action.
Length: 5-7 pages with approximately 350 words each