1. The objectives of work center scheduling include which of the following?
2. You are a consultant called in to estimate the costs after the employees learn how to do a job more efficiently by repetition of new product. You find a company can produce a product the first time at a cost of $5,000. If their 90 percent learning curve allows them to reduce their costs on each unit, what is the total cost of producing 100 units of the new product?
3. Capacity planning that involves hiring, layoffs, some new tooling, minor equipment purchases, and subcontracting is considered as which one of the following planning horizons?
4. In development of an operations and supply chain strategy, which of the following may be an important product-specific criteria to consider?
5. The centroid method for plant location uses which of the following data?
6. Which of the following is a multifactor measure of productivity?
7. Which of the following is a major factor that distinguishes service design and development from manufacturing design and development?
8. The ability to rapidly and inexpensively switch production from one product to another enables what are sometimes referred to as:
9.Which of the following is a reason that firms must develop more new products than ever?
10.You want to determine the upper control line for a p-chart for quality control purposes. You take several samples of a size of 100 items in your production process. From the samples, you determine the fraction defective is 0.05 and the standard deviation is 0.01. If the desired confidence level is 99.7 percent, which of the following is the resulting UCL value for the line?
11. A project starts out as which of the following?
12.There are many applications of poka-yokes in service organizations. Which of the following is one of the three-T's used to classify poka-yokes?
13.Which of the following is a measure of operations and supply management efficiency used by Wall Street?
14. We would expect to see which of the following in an MRP system's inventory status file?
15.You have just been assigned to oversee a series of projects. Functional areas will loan you personnel for each project, and separate project managers will be responsible for separate projects. These project managers will report to you. Which project management structure is being used?
16. A material requirements planning system is an example of which of the following scheduling systems?
17. The Pareto principle is best applied to which of the following inventory systems?
18. In business forecasting, what is usually considered a medium-term time period?
19. If a firm produced a standard item with relatively stable demand, the smoothing constant alpha (reaction rate to differences) used in an exponential smoothing forecasting model would tend to be in which of the following ranges?
20. Which of the following is a time-to-market performance measure used in judging product development performance?
21.In setting up a kanban control system you need to determine the number of kanban card sets needed. If the expected demand during lead time is 25 per hour, the safety stock is 20 percent of the demand during lead time, the container size is 5, and the lead time to replenish an order is 5 hours, what the number of kanban card sets is needed?
22. Assuming no safety stock, what is the reorder point (R) given an average daily demand of 78 units and a lead time of 3 days?
23. According to the theory of constraints, which of the following is a financial measurement that can be used to measure the firm's ability to make money?
24. What transportation mode has very high initial investment costs but gives a very low cost per mile for products that are highly specialized and require no packaging?
25. What is a work breakdown structure?
26. A major competitive dimension that forms a company's strategic operational competitive position in their strategic planning is which of the following?
28. Which of the following is an alternative possible service encounter included in the service-system design matrix?
29. For which of the following should we use an R-chart to monitor process quality?
30. Which of the following is one of Dr. Eli Goldratt's rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology?