Students will be assigned a DSM-5 disorder (Clinical Entity) and will prepare a Power Point presentation for the class on this topic (Power Point preferred)
Disorder: Neurocognitive Disorder addressing the following:
· Traumatic Brain Injury
· HIV Infection
· Parkinson’s Disease
· Huntington Disease
- Describe the disorder in detail (symptoms, behaviors associated with the disorder).
- Stage of usual onset and give age/phase in the life cycle when the incidence is highest, give data relative to prevalence, sex ratio, familial pattern, racial and ethnic distributions.
- List the major resources for intervention
- Support the presentation with an adequate bibliography (must be recent and from the professional literature beyond the texts).
- Provide an Outline and Bibliography for your instructor