Seeking assistance with original solution -tutorial support.
-Must be in APA format in accordance with attached instructions and rubric. References attached.
-Must use case sudy template (attached).
-Must be original.
Assignment 3: Organizational Level of Analysis – Analyzing a real organization (30% of course grade)
Related to the following course objectives:
Approximately 1500-2000 word length single spaced report including a cover page (your name, assignment title, course name, the date, and the professor's name) and research references.
Introduction to Assignment
For this assignment, you will research and analyze the organizational performance and effectiveness of one of the organizations listed below. You will also propose OB-relevant recommendations for change and improvement.
US Department of Homeland Security
You do not need to confirm which company you are analyzing. It will be assumed you will choose one of these companies. Alternative organizations with unique challenges may be selected for analysis but will require instructor approval. Examples would be the privatization of Dell, or an organization for which you have a career-oriented reason. To discuss alternative Final Project topics, post a message under the Ask the Professor discussion board.
Your analysis should include:
Read and follow all the Instructions carefully. Your analysis should evidence critical thinking skills (review Bloom’s Taxonomy) in identifying and explaining organizational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Emphasize course materials and resources assigned for Weeks 6 and 7; namely, but not limited to, managing groups and teams, group behavior, work and self-managed teams, communication, conflict and negotiation, and decision-making, along with outside research material. Strive for originality and depth. Use examples and research information to support claims. Use American Psychological Association (APA) format for in-text citations and the reference list. Use the comprehensive outline format described in Instruction 9 to present your research, findings, analysis, and recommendations.
1) Review the assignment purpose, course objective, and introduction above and the grading rubric at the end of these instructions.
2) Review library and Internet resources on one of the approved organizations before making a selection. Choose from the list and research an organization based on your level of interest in the subject, applicability to your job or career goals, what you would like to learn about, and feasibility for successful performance. Focus research on factors described in Instructions 3, 4, and 5.
3) Identify, analyze and evaluate OB concepts/theories that create an environment (work and organization design) that leads to high performance.
4) Identify, analyze and evaluate strategies, policies, and procedures relating to leadership challenges such as decision making, change, conflict resolution, and organizational commitment in an organization at every level.
5) Identify, analyze and evaluate techniques relating to human resources policies and practices (personal selection, training and development, and performance evaluation).
6) Create a SWOT analysis using standard four-square format for each component and bullet points (Google SWOT analysis template for samples) to present organizational level factors identified and examined in Instructions 3, 4, and 5.
7) Discuss each SWOT component analyzing and evaluating the organization's environment, leadership, and human resources policies and practices.
8) Create at least three recommendations, synthesizing key findings and ideas to maximize ongoing improvements to organizational performance and success.
9) Draw data, information, and ideas from at least six required resources (at least three from each of Weeks 6 and 7) listed in the weekly content of our classroom, plus at least four credible, authoritative, relevant outside sources for a total of at least ten references. Your outside references should show a mix of scholarly and applied/practical sources, largely drawn from UMUC’s Information Library System (ILS), and including classic writings. Review APA citation materials and Tips on Research Sources in Course Content. Cite research sources within the paper’s body using APA in-text formatting. Include a Reference list with complete source information at the end of the paper. See specific formatting and heading template instructions below in Instruction 12. Alphabetize references under each subheading. You are expected to write your own unique thoughts, using quotes only when the source’s verbatim statements uniquely enhance meaning and understanding. Deductions will be taken when quotes are overused and found to be unnecessary. Don’t reword passages from your resource. Instead, explain to your reader its meaning and importance.
Week 6 References:
Week 7 References:
(Casey, 2002, p. 50). [Include publication date]
Casey, C. (2002). Critical Analysis of Organizations: Theory, practice, revitalization. London: Sage.
10) Identify and present in bold font at least eight different OB concepts, theories, methods, strategies, interventions, or practices in your organizational level analysis. Demonstrate through context and/or endnotes your understanding of the terms’ definition and meaningfulness to the meet the assignment's purpose and course objectives.
11) Determine what significant learning and understanding you gained from your research and analysis. Identify and evaluate at least three valuable take-aways you learned from this analysis, and how you envision applying them to your job or career.
12) Use the outline below for topic and subtopic headings and subheadings. Additional subheadings may be added as needed to present an analysis that meets the purpose, objectives and instructions provided. As a report, under each heading, standard essay form should be used in discussing the analysis and subsequently the recommendations. Use examples and cite support sources as presented above.
III. SWOT analysis
1.A. In a table, provide a SWOT with key items bulleted in each category S-W-O-T. Then discuss the elements providing your fuller explanation with examples, making it relevant to our readings (cite). In each area of S-W-O-T address it from the perspective of the organization’s internal/external environment, their leadership and HR policies and practices.
Recommendation 3, etc.
1.VI. Significant learning
Learning or Take-away 1
Learning or Take-away 2
Learning or Take-away 3, etc.
13) Use Microsoft Word for your text documents. WRITE IN OBJECTIVE THIRD PERSON VOICE. Be concise and keep your paper at approximately 1500-2000 words in length including cover page and references, but rest assured that substance is more important than length. Again, APA reference format is required.
14) Submit the Final Project paper to your Assignment Folder by the due date. Also upload it to Turnitin established by your instructor.
Rubric Name: Written Assignment (30%)