C12 Business Law
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
- Describe two (2) legislations that have been implemented to minimize the damage caused by oil spills.
- Describe two (2) measures taken to protect wetlands in the United States.
Find two (2) examples of businesses in your local community that attempt to disclaim liability for damage to or loss of bailed property (usually, the disclaimer is in the form of a sign behind a cash register, or language on a ticket stub.) Examples of businesses that typically attempt to disclaim liability for damage to or loss of bailed property include automobile mechanics and dry-cleaning establishments.
- Provide basic information concerning each of the two (2) examples:
- Names of the establishments
- Nature of their businesses
- Language of their attempted disclaimers of liability.
- Provide your reasoned opinion as to whether, in any or all of the examples you have discovered, the businesses have effectively disclaimed liability. Provide at least two (2) supporting facts to justify your position.
Please refer to the rubric on the following page for the grading criteria for this assignment.