Analyze the Week 1 Business Growth Overview dataset located unde Student Materials. This is a marketing report generated by an analyst (you)for the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing at a large corporation. The analyst is new and has provided summary data but no insights or commentary for the SVP.
Construct a 500-word (no more no less) memorandum for the SVP providing insights and commentary. The memorandum should include your analysis for the following:
- Major areas of increase and decrease in revenue or type and/or category of business
- Trends that are evident in terms of revenue or type and/or category of business
- Insights that would help formulate marketing strategies to either continue growth or reverse decline
- Additional analysis you (if you were SVP) would like to build a marketing goal and strategy or strategies (and why)
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. Use a memo word template if you would like or just place into a word doc.
INCLUDE course reading "marketing concepts" in the assignment (at least 2) with associated references, as well as 1 external reference.
Part 2 of assignment
Select a global "consumer focused" (does business in more than one country) company such as Apple or Nike.
Create a new product for the firm (something that does not exist today!)..whether an addtion to its current product line or a new product brand extension.
This must be consumer focused "product". Do not submit products sold to a business, medical product, an app, a service, etc. Rather a consumer retail product sold traditionally in store and or both store & online. Consider something you would purchase.
This will be the product you are going to "market launch" in terms of creating the marketing plans weekly throughout the course.
Company and product selection is a critical. You must ensure your proposed company can implement the marketing methods discussed in Marketing Management throughout the course.
- A consumer focused firm and product. Something you would purchase.
- Obtain two years of annual reports, as well as two years of 10K reports (provides a comprehensive overview of the company's business and financial condition and includes audited financial statements) for your data source.
- Product can not be: an online App, an OEM product, a medical product sold to doctors, a service, etc.
Once you have selected the company,
- Define the size and type of your selected company that provides the product (available from annual reports). This need not be elaborate but must include total number of employees, production volume, distribution methods, and so forth. Record this information in a summary document as outlined below.
Prepare a minimum 200-word (no more no less) summary document that defines the company and the new product you have created to use for the marketing plan you will individually create througout the course. The summary document should include the following:
- Name of Company
- Location of Company Headquarters
- Both the name of Your New Product and a brief description.
- General description of company (number of employees, revenue, type of ownership, web page, etc.)
- General description of the new product's target market, both domestic and international. These are the 2 Geo's you plan to launch - two countries.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
INCLUDE at least two course reading "marketing concepts" with associated references, as well as 1 external reference.